Harold Lloyd Woods
Clovis Unified School District's twenty-ninth elementary school, Harold L. Woods Elementary, was so named in honor of the longest serving teacher in the district. In 2004, the CUSD Governing Board determined that the new school would be named for Woods to recognize his service and dedication to students for 46 years, all of which were spent at Jefferson Elementary School where he taught grades five, six, and seven before retiring in 2001. Following his retirement, Woods continued to serve Clovis Unified by mentoring future teachers.
Woods is a lifelong resident of the Fresno-Clovis area. He attended Clovis Grammar School, located at the site where Weldon Elementary now sits in Old Town Clovis, and graduated from Clovis High School. Immediately after graduating from Fresno State College in 1955, Woods was hired at Jefferson. During his career with Clovis Unified, he has received numerous awards and honors for his dedication and commitment to children including winning the Crystal Award, Clovis Unified's employee recognition program, three times, and being named a Gamma Psi Master Teacher by California State University, Fresno.